Sunday, December 16, 2007

8 Days of Bah Humbug!

One great thing about being out of school is that we get to catch up on movie night and eat pizza (instead of studying like crazy or collapsing like zombies like we've done for the past month). Last night we watched Dreamgirls and then regrettably, The Reaping. I don't really recommend watching completely different genres in the same night.

Especially when you've been eating cheese.

I had a cheese dream about Eddie Murphy with pin curls being attacked by giant grasshoppers. Weird.

If I don't have anything to do with my hands while watching TV (like quilting or beading), I fidget. I pick at my cuticles. I twirl my hair. I rub my chin and try to pull out one of the two chin hairs I have growing on the left side with my fingernails if either one have had the audacity to grow back since the previous movie night.

Yank. Ow!

Did I get it?

Nope. Still there.

Yank. Ow!

And so on.

Yeah, this is what passes for entertainment at the Attila house!

So last night I picked and twirled and then finally rubbed my chin.

Hello.

It felt like I had a little piece of velcro stuck there!

I went in the bathroom and looked, which is a highly difficult maneuver requiring two mirrors (the spot is just UNDER my chin).

eek!

There were 5--count them 5--(ok it was more like 7 but this is my story and I'm sticking to 5 because it will fit in my song) little whiskers in a little patch sprouting out of my chin.

What the hell?

Did the two chin hairs I thought I had sprout double or triple hairs when I pulled 'em out? Or did I really have 7--er--I mean 5 all the time and I just thought it was the same two because I was yanking one out every week?

At this rate, I think I'm going to look like Kim Ayres in no time!

Gak!

On the fifth day of humbug, Santa left for me...

5 chin hairs,
4 exploding Snapples,
3 open tubs of frosting,
2 dead pens,
and a lump of coal for under my tree.

10 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

Oh dear God, not the chin hairs!!! Take it from me, check for them every couple of days because the damn things grow fast.

I feel your pain.

Litzi said...

Hi Attila,
I thought “hairs on the chinny-chin-chin” were reserved for old farts. Just be glad you spotted them before someone handed you a razor. This qualifies as a real “bah humbug”! BTW-nice picture to go with your post!

I’d better check out my chin….

Unknown said...

You're growing a beard, then? Do you need shaving tips? Remember, always go with the grain. And never shave in an earthquake. Ouch.

Krishanna Magic said...

Hey ewe-

welcome to peri-menopause.. LOL
For some odd reason, I cannot find your e-mail address.. go figure..

I would like to send you a holiday treat… do you feel comfortable giving me a mailing address?

I know I am a little behind… I was on a roll until Woman died…

To prove I am no blog stalker, I will send mine if you sed me yours...… ;)That doesn’t mean you need to send me anything.. just my address in good faith.. ;)

Warmly-

Kris

Kim Ayres said...

Go for the full chin covering - it will keep you warmer through the winter.

And it's good for catching crumbs during meals so you have less to wipe off your top...

Anonymous said...

Did someone mention peri-menopause. Eek! Now there's something else for me to get paranoid about. I sincerely hope that is one symptom I WON'T get. I've had most of the other 30+!!

Rootietoot said...

Chin hairs suck. I only have 1 thus far, but it goes from being nonexistant to being long enough to use the curling iron on- overnight. But 7..er...5 of them? You could let them get long, braid them, and tell everyone you're the missing member of ZZ Top.

Manda said...

I don't believe in chin hairs being part of getting older, I have been finding and pulling them since pregnancy horomones screwed me up at 23. I keep telling myself that I only have one, it just likes to grow out of a different spot each time. LOL
BTW, I am loving this 12 days of humbug, I look forward to it each day.

Beth said...

Well, thanks for sharing. My hand immediately went to my chin as I was reading. Nothing there - yet.
But now I'll be checking on a regular basis - with dread.

Michelle Flaherty said...

Aahh...The Reaping. That is 2 hours I wish I could get back.

Just break out the tweezers and those chin hairs will vanish!