Saturday, December 22, 2007

2 Days of Bah Humbug!

Well I guess I got a little reprieve. Ex-FIL called in the morning to reschedule our lunch. Seems the lowlands got quite a bit of snow and he didn't feel comfortable driving into town. Yippee--er---I mean aww shucks!

We'll get together later next week when I've had a chance to recharge.

So I took Special K's advice and had a "me" day. Told the guys they were on their own and locked myself in the bathroom for a couple of hours for a bath and then took a nice long nap. Not a peep out of them.

Of course the duct tape I wrapped around their heads might have helped a bit.

While I was pretending that I was single and childless, Hubby organized the troops and the guys cleaned the house. I love my men!

My AOL has been acting funky for the last few weeks. Although the rest of my computer works great, while surfing the web, everything has been freezing up over and over, and I've been getting these "not responding" messages. Microsoft's tech answer? Keep everything updated. Well duh!

I logged on this afternoon, and AOL had a new update/upgrade, which I hoped would take care of the issues, so I downloaded and installed it. Happy to report that it seemed to fix the issues and added a couple of new features.

Like a creepy freaking eyeball. Yep. An eyeball so that other people can see you. Unless you poke it with your cursor point and close it.

AIIIGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

It used to be that you could go into preferences on your Buddy List and customize who can see if you're logged on or not. Now there's an eyeball staring at you.

What sadistic bastard dreamed up that bit of nightmare fodder? I can tell you already that this eyeball will have a starring role in some of my future cheese dreams.

As a funny note, in the early years of our marriage, my husband refused to have the internet hooked up in the house. He had the idea that just HAVING a connection meant that some marauding hacker could have a view inside our home and suck out all the private information that was locked up in his desk drawer.

I know it's an odd idea, but it's one he hung onto for quite a few years after I said "the heck with it" and got us hooked up with the information superhighway. Then he moved the papers and locked them in his office. Until he had to get the Internet there.

He's better about it now, but the Internet still kind of scares him.

Wonder what he's going to think about this?

On the eleventh day of humbug, Santa left for me


The Internet is watching,
My ex-inherited-inlaw,
More freaking football,
Too tired to be blogging,
7 steaming bowls of stupid,
Hubby's buttocks blasting,
5 Chin hairs,
4 exploding Snapples,
3 open tubs of frosting,
2 dead pens,
and a lump of coal for under my tree

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Lol!! This post cracked me up!!
Happy hols!!!

Litzi said...

Hi Attila,
AOL sounds like it’s trying to become the 2008 version of George Orwell’s “1984”. The “freaking eyeball” that has to be manually closed to be deactivated is weird. I wonder how many AOL users that aren’t particularly computer friendly are being “watched”?

I’m glad you managed to get some time to yourself yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Are we still talking the brandnew bathroom with the "twat" curtains??? Just asking...

Chris H said...

I would not like the 'eyeball' thingee lookin at me for sure! Best not to tell Hubby, he will probably freak out!

Anonymous said...

The eyeball sounds creepy to me! Talk about big brother watching. Glad you had some "Me" time, well deserved. I want to know how you get your loved ones to clean the house? I will pay you for that secret.
love ya!

Anonymous said...

i've got the eyeball thing on AIM. i dropped AOL after the software kept causing my computer to take a dump. and you're right--it IS creepy.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!
i hope you have a fabulous time with the kiddos & hubby. share my love with everyone!