Wednesday, December 19, 2007

5 Days of Bah Humbug!

Today I assembled 12 corporate gift baskets filled with coffee, tea, cocoa, cappuccino, apple cider mulling spice mix and 24 loaves of individually-wrapped pineapple macadamia nut bread, cranberry bread, apple streusel bread, and banana walnut bread.

All made from scratch. Got 6 more to do tomorrow.


Already made 31 gift bags for Hubby's business associates, which he took to the office today.

I assembled 38 gift bags with cards for Little Guy's teachers and friends and people who've helped him through the years since this is his last year in high school. The gift inside was something specially made that arrived today and is really really cool----I'll tell you about it after the holidays.

I'm just too damned pooped to blog. I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow.

And you know what? That colored cellophane wrapping stuff smells funny.

On the eighth day of humbug, Santa left for me

Too tired to be blogging,
7 steaming bowls of stupid,
Hubby's buttocks blasting,
5 Chin hairs,
4 exploding Snapples,
3 open tubs of frosting,
2 dead pens,
and a lump of coal for under my tree

12 comments:

Beth said...

I am in awe. You are amazing!

Litzi said...

Hi Attila,
Burning the candle at both ends at bit? I agree with Beth that you’re amazing and I too am in awe of everything you accomplish on any given day, but WHOA! Do you ever take time for yourself??

phlegmfatale said...

This week I've been assembling 105 gifty-bags for residents. *ugh* my fingers ache from folding paper and curling ribbon. ugh. The end is near...

Anonymous said...

aww, hon. i know the feeling--
i've been burning the candle at both ends for like half my life now.

get some rest darlin!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap. It took me two days (well, ten hours) to clean my house and put up the decorations, and you don't see ME posting, do you?

You? Are seriously a rock star.

Star said...

You are quite the elf. I am enjoying, and relating to, your 12 days of Christmas posts.

The Ferryman said...

Holy crap! You could totally kick Martha Stewart's ass!

And someone really should, by the way.

Michelle Flaherty said...

*gasp*

You mean you didn't make rock-hard fruit cake with those gag-inducing candied fruit piecey thingies?! You're such a good girl. ;)

Ashley's Mom said...

WOW! I bow down before the Queen of Christmas! You are amazing, and just for the record, I want one of your gift bags :) YUMMM!

Jen said...

That's awesome! I've made the following this week in small batches for my dh's stocking;

fudge
peppermint bark
peppermint marshmallows
chocolate covered marshmallow stir sticks
caramels
mints

If it goes over well I may make it in a grander scaler next year for him to take to work for his co-workers.

Brenda said...

Wow! I'm in awe of your talent.

Claire said...

Crikey, can I borrow you next year?! I was just feeling pleased with myself for having managed to make 12 mince pies, but now.....

Where on earth do you find the time/energy?! I'll have some of whatever you're on! ;-)