Thursday, December 20, 2007

4 Days of Bah Humbug!

What wiseguy thought up the idea of NFL games on Thursday nights? I'd love to give him a kick in the ass.

During the regular season, I lose my husband on Sundays and Monday nights. I reluctantly accept it. But Thursdays too?

Hubby just started watching them a couple of weeks ago. I came home from class to see him anchored in front of a game.

"No", I said. "No freaking way. When did they start doing this?"

They've been doing it for years. They show the games on Thursday when the college season is over.

Since when? I would have remembered Thursdays. I would have remembered him watching games for years. Then it hit me. We didn't have Dish this time last year.

$%$#@!! Satellite! I hope a tree falls on our roof.

On a good note, the gift baskets are finally DONE DONE DONE. Everything has been mailed and/or delivered. Just a couple more gifts to wrap and no more for me. Whew!

You guys done yet?

On the ninth day of humbug, Santa left for me

More freaking football,
Too tired to be blogging,
7 steaming bowls of stupid,
Hubby's buttocks blasting,
5 Chin hairs,
4 exploding Snapples,
3 open tubs of frosting,
2 dead pens,
and a lump of coal for under my tree

11 comments:

Brenda said...

There are loads of sports on Satellite, some they don't even especially like but will watch anyway. :-)

I'm contemplating, still have some wrapping to do, a couple more gifts to buy, and the "don't want tos".

Chris H said...

WE have a darn satelite dish too... rugby and cricket.. non stop! I hate it!!! I have finished my shopping/wrapping... bla bla bla.... WOOOOO HOOOO.

Litzi said...

Hi Attila,
After Super Bowl XLII on February 3rd, it’ll be over until August when the pre-season starts the ball rolling once again. You’d think all day Sunday and Monday night would be more than enough to satisfy even the most ardent football fan but apparently it wasn’t, so they threw in Thursday evening in for a “treat”. I wonder what obsessive sport ensues.

Now that you’ve finished your gift baskets and have your presents wrapped, perhaps you’ll find time to kick back and relax.

Mrs. G. said...

I'd like to officially thank the NFL for ruining Thursday night...which is my night for The Office. We may have to get a 2nd TV when the writer's strike ends.

Marley Greiner said...

I can think of nothing worse than football. My first husband was a major high schol football player who was scouted by close to 100 colleges and ended up in the Ivy League. I was subjected to all manner of football torture including playing in the steets while we were married. At least you're not expected to play, too. Or are you?

Casdok said...

Thats one advantage of being on my own!!

Beth said...

Done yet??!! Hey, it's only Friday!

Unknown said...

I think you need to compile you Days of Bah Humbug into a nice little book and send it off to a publisher Attila!!

Wishing you and yours all the very best of the holiday season!!

Manda said...

Football...ugh, luckily my hubby only watches the Bama games. Those I can deal with. I can't believe all the gift bags you made, wow. I only had to make 6 for our neighbors, and that seemed like an all day task making all the homemade goodies.
I have my parents and my friends 3 kids left to buy for, them I am done. I'm planning on taking care of that today.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas and New Years!

stinkypaw said...

I've been done for a while now, I'm so done I'm crispy! ;-)

I just don't get the football thing, must be because I'm Canadian!

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the Thursday night football! I hate that it takes my husband away for yet another night of football. I hate the noise of football on TV. It just gets on every last nerve.

You are too funny with you list!! I am not close to being done!! Took Melanie to see Sweeney Todd tonight (B'way Obsession) and was hoping she would let us do a bit after, but nope, only allowed the movie. I guess I will have to head out tomorrow. YUCK!

Have a great holiday!!
XOXOX