Thursday, July 01, 2010

Bleargh!

I'm sorry I haven't written, but I've just been really tired.

In the last 3 weeks, we've had:

BigKidhasanewtherapistwhoheisgoingtosee3timesaweekbecausehecan't

controlhisangeroutbursts.Bothhisfamilydoctorandneuropsychthinkthathe
mighthavetogointoassistedlivingbecausesomeofhisissuesaretoomuchforKitty
andItohandle.LittleGuyhasbeenhavingtoattendweeklyjobtrainingclassesdown
inthecitytobeinonagovernementgrantthatwasofferedbetweenMayandJune
wheretheyhadgrantstosethimupwithanemployerbuttheyreallydroppedthe
ballanddidn'thaveenoughemployerssetupforallthepeoplewithdisabilities
they'recruited,sobasicallyit'sbeena5hourwasteoftimeeveryweekforthelast
twomonths.Hewaswaitingforhisridetocommunitychoirwhenhisretainer
droppedoutofhismouth,felltothepavementandbroke.Thisisthe3rdretainer
we'vehadtoreplaceat300bucksapop,dagnabbit.Theaspringadulthasdamaged
thecarweallowhimtodriveandtriedtohideit.Wecan'tinsureitwithcollisionunless
wegetitfixed,andgodknowswhomuchthat'sgoingtocost.Themoverscamewith
Hubby'smothersfurnitureandstuffandwehadtofindroomforallofitandHubby
thoughthewasreadybutbrokedowninthemiddleofallofit.Iwentformy6month
cardiocheckup.Mybloodpressureislow,myheartbeatishigh,andIhavetogoget
anechocardiograminthenexttwoweeks.OurlittlestyorkieMollystarted
draggingherbacklegsandfallingover.We'vehadtotakehertothevettwiceaweek,
andwethoughtshewasparalizedwiththespinalthingweinerdogsgetbutitturns
outshehasseverearthritisinherbackdogknees.Thetraumaandpainsentherweight
downto2.9lbswhensheshouldbe3.5to4pounds.Wethoughtwe'dhavetoputhertosleep,
butshe'sdoingfairlywellonsteroidsandglucosesupplements.Kittyhastosellhermotherinlaw'shouse
becausehermedicaidhasrunoutandtheyneedallherassest.SowehavetofindanewhomeforBigKid,
andwelookedatmobilehomesintheparkKitty'sparentslivetoday.Oh,andwe hadagaragesale.

Hard to read? Yeah, hard to live, too. LOL I'm freaking pooped.

Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday weekend!

13 comments:

Kim Wombles said...

((())) Sounds like you and yours have more than a plate full. Will be thinking of you and sending you positive vibes.

CiCi said...

You are right, hard to read. And would definitely be hard to take in real life. That is just so much going on for one family.

Joanna Jenkins said...

HollycrapAtillathatsucks!

So sorry to hear the problems Big Kid. finding a quality assisted living place is a full time job! Oy.

Little Guy's grant and the ball dropping is just plain crazy. Shame on our sorry ass government for letting that happen.

The dog-- Yikes. I hate vet bills :-(

And your cardio check-up- I'm surprised they didn't admit you directly to ICU with all the stress you've been under. I yiyi. Enough already.

Hang in there my friend. I'm cheering you on as always!

xo jj

stinkypaw said...

Man, I feel as if I've read that in one breath, and now I'm out of breath! Sorry about the kids (Big, Little, Asspiring) and the pooch, hope things turns out for the best for everyone, and don't lose your humor, it's getting you thru it all! *hugs*

The Quacks of Life said...

it never ends does it!

Valerie Marie said...

ALL MY BEST WISHES AND LOVE FROM FRANKFURT!!!!

Rootietoot said...

Oy. I swear I'd bring you a casserole if it weren't such a long drive.

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes--I'd send a masseuse to follow up Rootietoot's casserole if I lived closer.

Sarah Ogden said...

I hope you find some RR soon.

Jeanie said...

Too much, too fast for anyone. Please do the best you can to take care of yourself through it all.

Heather said...

I agree with stinkypaw....I felt like I read that in one breath. I need glasses now too. LOL I hope the summer slows down for you. Hope your heart can keep up with it all.

Kim Ayres said...

((hugs))

Chris H said...

Bloody hell!
I could read it ... bummer about so many things being crap right now.
Hang in there.
We loves ya!