Thursday, July 20, 2006

Revenge of the Cranky Admissions Lady

Bahahaha! Nightmare and Carmachu and Miss Keeks---you guys were right. You can't "mess" with the bureaucracy.

I logged into the college system with my new handy dandy Student ID number a couple of hours ago, and pulled up my account.

My "permanent address" is now the one I've actually been living at for the past 10 years.

Woohoo!

But my name? Ye Gods!

I'm listed as Attila S. Mom.

"S"? WTF? Where did that come from?

So I called down to the admissions office and asked about it. The cranky admissions lady said I would have to come down in person and show them my driver's license.

I said, "You took a photocopy of it yesterday! What did you do with it?"

There was a pause.

You still have to come down and fill out a form.

Is there some kind of sadistic vibe going on here, or is it just my imagination?

Now I know what a cat toy feels like!

11 comments:

Nightmare said...

I told you that those slimy beeotchs would fuck with you like that! I just want to kill people now!

Suze said...

Nice to know that this intransigence happens all over the globe. It still gets you mad though.

carmachu said...

Told you so. Its a bureaucracy. Its a monster with a life of its own, and has a single minded purpose. You cannot reason with it. Its immue to common sense....


As to the photo copy of your license? Its filed away somewhere, where YOU. CANT. HAVE. IT.

You'll learn, soon enough. In college, it gets worse. Wait till you deal with a dictator of his own domain(ie college professors).


Are you SURE your at the right college? You know the kind thats HELPING women with re-entry? Are you sure you didnt apply at the one across the street that said HINDER women with re-entry?

Tracie Nall said...

I have no words to say in reply to this....well, I have a few, but I am trying to be nice.

Idiots!! Maybe you should hire a tatoo artist to come with you and you can have your drivers liscence permanantly recreated on her forehead!

fifipoo07 said...

OK.......the MAN has got one of us AGAIN. Pippa

St Jude said...

It's a jobsworth thing. Not personal, just jobsworth. For heavens sake it would be too easy to just look at the photocopy.

KL said...

Look at the photocopy of your license??? But how do they know that they didn't take the wrong photocopy? They need to see it in person to verify that it is you....Anyone could call up and say they were you and that your name was wrong.....

WHATEVER!!!!!

God the idiocy is amazing!!

Brenda said...

I think it's time you grabbed her by her balls and brought her to her knees. You must have the patience of a saint!

Michelle Flaherty said...

When you go down there, ask for "the stupid bitch who keeps fucking with me". Chances are, they'll know who you're talking about. Just make sure to wear your steel-toed boots and kick the crap outta' her.

carmachu said...

Now blair, thats just asking for "that damn bitch who's fucking with her" to lose her paperwork and make her start over. Again. And this time, lose her placement test as well, so she has to take them again.....

Miss Keeks said...

It's annoying. Tragically, the only way to deal with these people is to be disgustingly nice to them while internally cursing their genitals with a horribly itchy disease.