Sunday, December 02, 2007

From the Department of "You've Got Waaaaay Too Much Time on Your Hands"...

Time. Just doesn't seem like I've had nearly enough of it lately. Between my job(s), my kids, school and getting ready for the upcoming holiday season, the days have been flying by.

Thankfully, I have only ONE MORE exam left and I am done, done DONE for the semester! I can't tell you how much I've appreciated your continued good wishes. I've been a bad blog friend, but it's just because I've been so darn tired. I'm sorry. :-(

With time being fleeting, I read an article the other day that I just haven't been able to get out of my head.

Remember Leona Helmsley, the "Queen of Mean"? A few months ago when she passed away, she left her dog 12 million dollars, while cutting out a couple of her grandchildren for personal reasons.

Suffice it to say, bizarre as her will was, I fully believe that she had every right to do whatever she wanted with her money. She allegedly left 6 to 12 BILLION dollars to a charitable trust, and after the doggie dies, whatever is left will go into the trust. On that scale, 12 million is peanuts.

What I find incredibly weird is that as of now, the dog has received 20 to 30 kidnapping and death threats.

WTF?

First of all, do these imbeciles imagine the dog can read? Doh!

Secondly, do they think the dog would care? If it's like most dogs, I imagine all this pup cares about is what bed in the mansion it can sleep in and what's for dinner. Or maybe whose ankle it can bite next since it's too little to be sniffing crotches.

And what would the letter-writer gain by killing a poor little doggie? Do they think that the 12 mil will automatically show up in their bank account if they successfully commit poochicide? Or do they just walk around being hateful all the time?

I think that a person who has enough time to stew about some stranger leaving her dog a fortune for care and upkeep, and then actually sits down to put a pen to paper to vent about it has WAY TOO MUCH DAMN TIME ON THEIR HANDS!

...or needs a vacation in a nice soft hotel room with a sportscoat that ties in the back. Seriously.

Oh, by the way, the above picture is of a generic Maltese dog in disguise. Never let it be said that I provided an identifying picture for someone who doesn't wish the dog well.

You nucking futs.

25 comments:

ditzymoi said...

As you know, I get held hostage by my life and don't get to post, or visit, so no need to apologize!

Who is "helping" the pooch spend his money ? Thats how I want to waste my time :)

Casdok said...

YOu have to laugh!!

Kuin said...

LOL..I agree they can do whatever they want with their money.
We all know dogs provide unconditional love and affection unlike humans.

As for the threats ..money brings out the best in people. lol.

p.s. for you nikki..
I have finally figured out how to post video on my blog.
pop over when you have a chance .

Anonymous said...

LOL...I love you newsy monday morning editorials.

Litzi said...

Hi Attila,
I wonder if the pampered pooch is as acrimonious as Leona Helmsley was reported to be. Twelve million will buy a lot of Alpo.

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

God, that dog even gets more death threats than me.

Brenda said...

I expect that who ever is taking care of the pooch is reaping a few rewards from the funds too.

I've seen many dogs that I'd rather spend my time with and many people who I'd rather not. :-) That pup probably gave her more unconditional love than most of the people she knew.

Beth said...

No apologies!
You haven't been a bad blog friend, you've been an extremely busy woman. I'm so impressed that you've had the time to do any blogging with your schedule!
Holidays are on their way...

Anonymous said...

Yes, please don't feel like you have to aplologize for being a bad bloggy friend. I know how busy you have been this semester. I am thrilled when you can keep up with this at all. You posts always, always make me laugh out loud.
As for the doggie, the whole thing is just plain crazy. I hope someone gets the dog and lets it haev a nomal home, with normal dog bones and a plain old water dish. Doesn't know what he is missing!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

*shakes head* Why can't people just let the dog alone to enjoy his 12 billion dollars worth of Pupperoni?
It's ridiculous.
Weird stuff you find.

Anonymous said...

-cheers-
I'm done after tomorrow!
YESSSSSSSSSS! 30 days of bliss, I tell you! WONDERFUL.

As for the dog threats? WTF? People are ridiculous. Seriously. ha ha.

:]

carmachu said...

Oh your just jealous no one wants to kidnap your diarrea in the house dogs from you......

carmachu said...

Oh your just jealous no one wants to kidnap your diarrea in the house dogs from you......

Anonymous said...

OK... the people leaving death- and dognapping threats are related to my recent internet stalker... They gotta be..

phlegmfatale said...

kill the bitch? Hell, I want the job carrying water for that dog - talk about a perfect boss - you already know it's a bitch, and it can't talk back to you. Sweet.

Ann(ie) said...

I so understand. Life has been cukoo lately. I've felt absent, too. I come around once or twice a week if I'm lucky anymore, but you are NEVER a bad blog friend, girlie. ever. xo.

Samantha said...

I want the dog in the picture. Or any dog. Damn, I want a dog.

Unknown said...

Just don't forget to **BREATHE**

....you'll have some time to do some blog catching-up when the term is finally over!!!

{{{{Attila}}}}

KatieLauren said...

Everyday I ask my husband if it bothers him that I love the dog more than I love him!

Everyone who ever had an animal knows that deep down they are far better than humans!

Lauren

St Jude said...

I understand the time thing! But why didn't you warn me before I started studying??? ;0)

Michelle Flaherty said...

All I want to know is where do I write to threaten that dog's life?! I could use me some jail time. ;)

Angela said...

Yea, time to not study.
I wonder what a dog killer would get in court. Shame shame shame

Meg said...

You mean it's not gonna work?! Damn! I had the ransom note already written and everything!

Samantha said...

Tag, you're it! Write 8 habits/facts about yourself, for some inspiration, check out my armpit sniffing confession. LOL!

Big Pissy said...

I have a Maltease.

They like to wear clothes.

Don't know why, but it's kinda fun to dress them up! ;-)

Good luck with school. :)