Saturday, May 19, 2007

Thanks for the Mammaries

Something weird has been happening on my sitemeter. I'm not a techie, but I'm not blind as a melon either.

Back in December, when it was my turn to do a Gasbag Review, I panned the TV series The Ghost Whisperer, and made quite a few potshots at Jennifer Love Hewitt's chesticles and their starring role in the show. I also included several still shots from the series to illustrate my point.

A couple of months later on my sitemeter, I noticed that there were 20 to 30 page views a day that went directly to the pages that were hosting one or more of those pictures. I didn't need headlights to know that someone was possibly linking directly to my blog pics and taking bandwidth.

Yes, I know I don't pay for Blogger, but it's bad citizenship, especially if you can load images onto your own server. If we didn't live with rules, it would be Anarchy, I tell you! Anarchy!


Last month, the hits to those pages went up to 40 to 50 a day. So a couple of weeks ago, I just went to my FTP space and deleted the photos. I mean, hey, the post is almost 6 months old---it wouldn't be a bombshell if someone was interested in reading my archive and a couple of pics were gone.

Geezus Pete! You'd think I kicked over the top of an anthill or something.

For the last couple of weeks, I've been getting 100 to 200 hits a DAY, from viewers apparently scrambling to find the missing photos!

WTF? Ya think those glad bags are going to suddenly reappear if you come back often enough? They're gone, ya jugheads! Sheesh!

So a few days ago, I uploaded another pic with the same URLs, just in case they didn't get the point.

Bite me, you Boobs!

19 comments:

Rootietoot said...

Wouldn't be easier for them to just do a google image search?

Em said...

Geez, they really want to see a photo of Jennifer that badly? Have they heard of Google Image Search??? But very funny to swap the pics with the cow!

Jod{i} said...

LOL YOU GO GIRL!

Yanno, I get hits to images and never thought that someone was "using" them! Hmmmm...many are my own paintings...now I must go investigate!

golfwidow said...

Oh, just great. Now how are we supposed to keep abreast of the situation?

Queen of the Mayhem said...

That is too funny!

It is truly frightening to see some of the google searches that have brought freaks to my site!

SOME PEOPLE!

Anonymous said...

not a techi but pretty dang smart...

Brenda said...

Ha! That'll learn em, durn em!!

carmachu said...

very nice!

Samantha said...

That picture kicks ass! LOL

Anonymous said...

LOL too funny!!

Or you could threaten them with the bunny slippers?!

Sassy said...

I'm sure if they typed in Jennifer Love Hewetts fun bags, they'd find plenty of pics..hahahahaa

Anonymous said...

I love you. lol

Sven said...

Nice Teets!

I had the same problem when I posted a picture of Don Knotts shortly after his death.

Tracie Nall said...

That is too funny. These people obviously have some serious Jennifer issues.

Big Pissy said...

That picture is absolutely hilarious!

For someone who says they're "not a techie"....you kicked some ass! ;-)

stinkypaw said...

You are one funny lady - love that picture! I must say, you always have the most interesting pictures.

Ruth Dynamite said...

Those puppies are stacked!

Philip. said...

Damn, I didn't see the pictures - LOL

phlegmfatale said...

The Hewitt Hooter pic just warmed the little cockroaches of my heart! Good shit!