Sunday, August 07, 2011

Road Trip

Just got back from our "vacay". LOL

Since Little Guy couldn't go visit his bio-dad in California this year (b-dad didn't have any vacation time or money to fly Little Guy out there), we decided to try to give our boy a mini-vacay instead. We've footed the bill for the last 5 years to fly our guy out to see his b-dad, and this year it was his turn. His wife already has her hands full with their three young sons, and we (bio-dad and I) didn't feel it was worth it to fly Little Guy out there (on our dime again) if they couldn't spend any quality time together.

WE weren't planning any substantial getaways, simply because Hubby is working 2 jobs and just doesn't have the time. I asked Little Guy what would be an acceptable substitute that he would be satisfied with.

He decided that he would LOVE to:

Go to the big city and see his grandparents, go to the amusement park, and see a friend that we haven't seen in several years.

So last month I insisted that Hubby reschedule anything he had going this particular weekend (NOT TAKING NO FOR AN ANSWER!). I got my oldest brother to take Little Guy to the amusement park for the day (he's the only one who can stomach the rides), and we spent the rest of the weekend driving between restaurants meeting up with people and sleeping in strange beds. Urgh.

Little Guy had a fantastic time.

Me? The highlight of the entire weekend was when we were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic for 3 hours and my two guys were singing the chorus of "It's Raining Men" in the car.

Too cute. I laughed my ass off.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

A busy mini-vacation... I'm glad your Little Guy had a good time.
3 hours in bumper to bumper traffic would have done me head in.

Brenda said...

I can't say this enuff, you're a good Momma ATM.

stinkypaw said...

Reads busy and yet fun, despite the traffic!

Joanna Jenkins said...

I'd have paid good money to see your guys singing "It's Raining Men" What a hoot!!!
xoxo jj

Valerie Marie said...

Love you all! I wish I could spend a weekend with the ATM family... xoxo

busana muslim said...

hello thanks you for the helpful information