Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Lost My Marbles

My good friend KL came and stayed with us for June and July. She's decided to give our little burg a chance and is moving up here to the mountains in the beginning of September. Little Guy is ecstatic, because she's more like an aunt then a friend, and you know him, he's all about family.

While she was here, I related a story about how when the boys were little, Big Kid was always looking for a chance to tattle on Little Guy. The problem was that Little Guy NEVER did anything (other than the annoyance of just existing as a younger sibling) that needed to be tattled on. He cleaned up after himself, never got into other people's stuff, didn't start fights, etc.

Poor Big Kid had to live with the frustration. But that didn't stop him.

He'd whine, "Mooooooom!! Little Guy--he's--he's DOING!" LOL

That whole story came to mind after seeing the Home Depot commercial where they use the slogan "More Saving. More Doing."

So for the whole 2 months that KL was here, every time we heard the word, one of us would race to shout "DOING"!! no matter where we were in the house. Then hubby and the kids started "doing" it.

Yeah, I know. We're easily amused. For some reason, the memory tickled our collective funny bone.

Anyway, I usually shop at 6am when the grocery stores open. I like it because it's quiet, there's nobody there, and I don't have to get annoyed by the freaking car carts filled with a dozen kids that block the aisles. It's like having the store to myself.

A couple of weeks ago I was in the store bright and early. I'd only had a half a cup of coffee (don't like having to use public bathrooms) and was a little groggy. While I was looking distractedly for a coupon in my binder (I KNOW it's in there!) I heard a couple of other shoppers in the next aisle.

"What are you doing?" she asked her companion.

"DOING!!" I shouted before I could stop myself.

Gak.

Then I ran away. Real fast.

10 comments:

The Quacks of Life said...

i thought you had lost them ages ago :D

Rootietoot said...

Woops!

Gail Dixon said...

Ha! Too cute.

Jeanie said...

Having all your marbles intact is over rated anyway. I like to enjoy the oblivion of being a few short at times.

Kim Wombles said...

Too funny! :-)

Webster said...

That's hilarious!! At 6:30 AM... Woke everyone up.

Anonymous said...

Am belly laughing at you!

KL said...

DOING!!!!

And last I had heard, I am not like Little Guy's Aunt...I am his BFF!!

He is such a sweetie!!

See you soon!

amyunicorn said...

LMAO!!! That's awesome!

busana muslim said...

thanks for your help. Your blog contain lots of information for many people.