Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lions, and Tigers, and Bears! Oh My!

After racing home from work yesterday so as to not miss even a single second of Monday Night Football, Hubby did a bad bad thing.

He forgot to close the garage door to protect his beloved vintage car. You know, the one he can only drive for about 4 months out of the year because it doesn't do very well on snow and ice.

This morning he woke to find muddy paw prints on the hood. Apparently a bear came to check out the place for some goodies (thank GOD Monday was trash day, so the cans were empty) and climbed over the front of his car.

What it DID find was an industrial-sized jug of super hot sauce. The destroyed jug with teeth marks was in the front yard. LOL

That little piggy prolly went WEE WEE WEE all the way home!

Oops. Wrong fairy tale. ;-)

16 comments:

CiCi said...

I bet your husband doesn't forget to close the garage door any more and I know you are so happy you had the hot sauce out there. That's kind of like the hot stuff parents used to put on kids thumbs to stop them from sucking thumbs. Ha.

Mrs. Hall said...

so um, you live in an area where Bears come and touch your car?

JEBUS!@@!!!!

ok, so, there ya go ;)

Ashley's Mom said...

I'm with Mrs. Hall. That's scary that bears are so close by that they stop in for a snack!

Ashley's Mom said...

I'm with Mrs. Hall. That's scary that bears are so close by that they stop in for a snack!

Warner (aka ntsc) said...

I live in area where bears come and go and I'm about 30 miles from NYC.

Big Daddy Autism said...

Bears? You have to be crazy to live around bears. All we ahve down here in Florida are cute and cuddly gators, snakes and bugs the size of watermelons.

Rootietoot said...

golly- the worst we have with varmints are possums and the occasional truck full of teenagers w/toilet paper! I wonder if hot sauce would work on them...hm.

Jeanie said...

What price football? I'm glad nothing worse happened like the bear coming into you kitchen or tangling with one of the dogs.

Anonymous said...

Okay, to see that bear's face when the hot sauce hit its tongue! That would have been so hilarious!

Jennifer Jayhawk said...

Too funny. I bet the bear is looking for some tums:)

Katie :o) said...

I always wondered why the little piggy cried wee wee wee all the way home. Now I know :o)

Joanna Jenkins said...

That'll teach him.... Your husband AND the bear.
xo jj

Tracie Nall said...

That is one bear who won't be returning for a joy ride!

Vodka and Ground Beef said...

I'll bet that bear had bad indigestion.

Brenda said...

Ouch! The bear damage isn't permanent is it? I wonder what the bear thought about the "hot" drink? hahaha.

We have bears here in the delta in Arkansas too but they don't come visitin' too much. There is plenty for them to eat in the woods and fields with our longer growing seasons I guess.

karatemom said...

hey there...long time no see..wow I have been reading back through many of your posts..what a life you have had. wowzers.
I am trying to return to blog land once again. Need therapy.ha.
not even sure if you will remember me its been so long.:)