Thursday, May 27, 2010

This and That

Heard around the house:

Little Guy: Mom, you're my favorite EVER!

Your favorite what?

Little Guy: My favorite Mom!

But I'm your only mom.

Little Guy: Well then you're still my favorite!
_____________________

The Aspiring Adult: Mam (He's not quite up to calling me mom, but he doesn't want to call me Aunt Atiila)? Me and Dom (his best friend) have decided to do what we call "Manly Mondays".

Manly Mondays?

TAA: Yeah, we're going to do manly things like wash our cars and then go over to Wild Wings and eat chicken wings and check out the chicks (they have a really rude rating system).

Later I get a phone call...


TAA: The wind is blowing too hard to wash our cars. Can we come home and bake a cake? I promise we'll clean up the mess!


Don't you want to save that for Wifely Wednesday?

LOL

18 comments:

CiCi said...

Yeah, those tough guys, manly men for sure, Man cakes? Cool.

Beth said...

To offset the grief, worry and frustration our kids can cause, isn’t it wonderful they also provide us with such humour and delight? Sometimes without even trying!

Charlie said...

Wifely Wednesday. That's a good one. That's the day they'll experience sudden headaches, especially around bedtime.

Kim Ayres said...

If they can't be washing the cars, they should at least be having belching competitions and scratching their balls...

Heather said...

I would much rather bake a cake than wash the car....but hey I am a woman. I am curious about their rude rating system. I can only imagine since I have an aspiring adult male in my house too.

debra said...

Love it! And they should surely add man-hugs to the list!

Cheryl said...

Since when did you change his name from THD to TAA?

Anonymous said...

Heh, you are FUNNY.

Jeanie said...

I love their "Manly Mondays" idea, especially when it results in a cake.

Tracie Nall said...

I love that Manly Monday turned into a bit of a Wifely Wednesday. ROFL!

Rootietoot said...

Oh that's all awesome. They'll soon figure out that women absolutely LOVE a man that can bake a cake.

Brenda said...

Hahaha, Love it!

litzi said...

I observe Meatless Mondays but Little Guy’s Manly Mondays is original and probably easier to go with…

Silver Strands said...

hahahaha! Just found your blog and have to say that your profile is HILARIOUS.
Have a great weekend!
Denalee

stinkypaw said...

Cute!

Valerie Marie said...

TAA's Manly Monday is a great idea.
xoxo
p.s. LG is sooooooo cute!

Mrs4444 said...

That is awesome. Sounds like my Kyle...

ntsc said...

That is not a nice thing to say about men baking. See here: http://blog.charcuteire.com/2008/08/25/killer-chocolate-cake.aspx