Monday, March 21, 2011

Happiness Is...

Ok, my last two posts were kind of bummers.

I've been kind of thinking on a theme about blessings, good things, happiness.

Remember when Charles Schultz did the whole riff on "Happiness is a Warm Puppy?"

Well....

This is it for me:

Happiness is when I do my great big morning stretch and nothing hurts or is stiff.

Happiness is when I get up and there is no emergency late night calls on my answering machine.

Happiness is when I wake up and Hubby is holding my hand.

Happiness is racing into the bathroom (still taking diuretics) and finding that somebody else put a new roll of toilet paper on the hanger (doesn't happen too often in THIS house).


Happiness is when I step on something sort of round in my slippers and find out it's a magic marker and not one of the Little Sh*t's turds.

What about you?

10 comments:

Willoughby said...

You're right, sometimes you have to enjoy the little things.

To me, happiness is having everyone home for dinner (doesn't happen as often as it used to).

Also, checking my to do list and finding everything done.

Jennifer Leeland said...

Great post!
Happiness is knowing I'll go into work today and NO ONE WILL BE THERE except for me.
Happiness is getting my taxes done.
And Happiness is the satisfaction of finishing a tough week.

Ashley's Mom said...

Happiness is a night with only one load of laundry to do.

Happiness is a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch.

Happiness is seeing the first hummingbird of the season.

Happiness is reading your blog, even the not so happy posts :)

Anonymous said...

Happiness is a snuggle with a kid, a good book, enough coffee for one more cup, a open afternoon, people saying thank you when you don't expect them to.

Anonymous said...

Happiness is having a Charlie Sheen free day.

Happiness is finding a $20 in my pocket I didn't know I had.

Happiness is finding a parking space right outside the place I want to be.

Big Daddy Autism said...

Happiness is a three hour nap on a rainy day when you know your family is all safe and dry.

Happiness is the first bite of a slice of really great pizza.

Happiness is hearing your kids tell you, unprompted, that they love you.

Happiness is commenting on blogs while the rest of the family is fast asleep.

Anonymous said...

Happiness is waking up to a clean house.

Happiness is leaving at 4 AM to get on a plane to the Caribbean.

Happiness is laying in bed for an extra 10 minutes.

Rootietoot said...

Happiness is when a friend who's been having a rough time is able to find something to be happy about :)

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Happiness is when I find comfort in other peoples happiness

Valerie Marie said...

Happiness is the fisrt "gulp" of coffee early in the morning when everybody's in the house is still sleeping.
Happiness ist coming home and my cat is soooo happy to have me back.
Happiness is an sms from my brother on sunday morning: "God bless you. ILY"
Happiness is resding your blog and knowing you're happy.