Friday, February 06, 2009

Young Love aka Gak! Hormones!

Around a year ago, I wrote about Little Guy and his girlfriend Hot Cutie. Even though he's not actually in high school any more, he attends their transitions program and sees her there a few times a week. Twice a week they are in an apprenticeship program together so they get to spend a little time together. They also see each other out of school.

Hot Cutie's mom and I have had to get on them a bit because they make plans without consulting anyone and spring it on us at the last minute. Both of Hot Cutie's parents work down in the city, so sharing driving duties is often inconvenient for them.

Anyhoo, last month, Hot Cutie's mom and I were confabbing about their most recent plans and she suddenly said, "We're only going to be able to have Little Guy at our house on weekends now. I don't think they should be alone here without supervision."

Oh no. Did something happen?




Once in awhile Little Guy goes to Hot Cutie's house after school and hangs out for an hour or so. As far as I know, they walk her dogs and play on her swing set. She also serenades him with her bongo drums and he dances for her. Did they decide to make fondue and set the kitchen on fire? Break into the wine cabinet?

"Hot Cutie told me that Little Guy tried to kiss her. And that she told him that she was going to wait for marriage. If he's at that stage, I don't think they should be alone together."

Ok, to be perfectly honest, my first reaction was of indignance. I sort of felt like she was practically accusing my son of being a rapist. I politely assured her that as always, they were more than welcome to socialize at my house, where I would be with them every minute and keep a close watch on her daughter's virtue. Not.

Little Guy is 18, Hot Cutie is 19. They've been girlfriend and boyfriend for almost 3 years now. They are legally adults. What's the harm in a little kissing fer pete's sakes?

What could be a problem is if he was trying to force kisses on her. Or if the bongo drum dancing was done nekkid in their front yard and alarming the neighbors.

So I tried to investigate. Had a talk with Little Guy and tried to impress on him that if he wanted to kiss Hot Cutie and she said "no", he had to respect that.

He looked at me like I was insane.

Hot Cutie came over to hang out last week. As usual, they played pool up in the loft, and watched Judge Judy (she's the boss, applesauce!). Then they went into Little Guy's room to listen to music and dance.

After a while, feeling like a sneak, I crept down the hall to do my due diligence and make sure there wasn't any panty-grabbing going on. I mean the door was open---as always---but I felt that the whole "checking up on them" thing is invasive and shows a lack of trust in Little Guy's ability to be independent.

When I was a couple of feet from the door, I heard Hot Cutie.

"But why can't I kiss you, Little Guy?" she asked plaintively. "You're my boyfriend!"

"Because we're supposed to be married", he answered crossly. "My mom said if I say no, you have to respect that!"

I snuck back down the hall, and went directly outside to the front porch. Where I just about laughed myself into a stroke.

I simply couldn't help myself.

Boy is HER mom going to be in for a big surprise!

After this incident I realized that I am in way over my head and contacted the Independence Center. Luckily, they have a social relationships class starting next week, and the school will provide transportation. Sign us up!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Attila that is too funny. And sweet. And that mother is a wee bit overprotective about letting her daughter's choices. I would have been a bit offended myself...
I'm just so happy the two of them have found so much happiness being together. (big smile)

Hope the social relationship class goes well.

Hope you are feeling better!
XXXXXX

Queen-Size funny bone said...

oh young love, exciting and new...

rachel... said...

So funny!!! I wonder if they'll want to be married soon so they can agree on the kissing! :)

Michelle Flaherty said...

So the girlfriend doesn't want her mom to know that she's a ho-bag, huh?!

Anonymous said...

I think that is so precious. I've been thinking about you and praying for you and I want to hear about the class they take- I hope it will be a good experience for them & they can get kissin' soon ;)

xo
H


ps: I moved. www.singingwithmyheart.com

KL said...

Now I am jealous...Little Guy never tried to kiss me ;)

I think this is great!! And you are right, why shouldn't they kiss, they have been dating for 3 years, I would have expected them to have at kissed by now....of course, I am a ho and would have kissed long before now... ;)

Beth said...

Little Guy is such a sweetheart.
Good luck convincing Hot Pants' mother as to the true scenario!

Charlie said...

The good news is HC can't get LG in the family way . . .

stinkypaw said...

Too cute, I'm surprised you managed to walk away without bursting infront of them!

Brenda said...

That is just so sweet! I'm glad she's respecting HIS virtue. Ha!

Chris H said...

WOW! I AM AMAZED they havn't hopped into bed yet! *shaking head*.. my boys sure did with their girlfriends!

The Quacks of Life said...

aw sweet

Unknown said...

Very sweet! Have a nice weekend!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

That's sweet!!!!!! I hope that class goes well for you.
I'm just sayin'. Three years and no lip lock? Wow!

Anonymous said...

lol thats so sweet and funny , how will you ever tell poor moma that her daughters virtue is not so grand and in need of protection.
i have been reading your blog for 4 months now and love it so much .
hope all is well with everyone .

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I love them both!
They are so cute, sweet and innocent, well, at least your son!!

Maybe she can hear her clock ticking!! LOL!!

Hugs!!

Ellen Seidman said...

I am cracking up!!!
That hussy.
:)

ditzymoi said...

As a mom who has raised boys ... I have found that the girls were always wayyy more aggressive!

Thanks for checking on me .. I am still hangin in there *hugs*

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that kissing was something to protect until marriage. I thought that it was just another way for teens to talk. Oh well. I guess I was racier as a teen than I thought. Good for your son for being strong and upholding what he believes in.

imfunnytoo said...

This is just wonderful...they seem to listen on this topic which is good, (even though they don't have to like it, LOL)

Angela said...

That gave me a smile.

Relationships are hard for everyone.

Krishanna Magic said...

BWA-HAHAHAHAHA! Hot Cutie's virtue indeed. How funny. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh man. That is funny, but made me think!

Grim Reality Girl said...

That is hilarious... and yes it makes me think too! Atilla -- how is your ticker? You have been in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to know how HC's mother will react to the news...
(LG is sooooo sweet!) How are you doing? Good thoughts from Frankfurt to you! xoxo!

contemporary themes said...

He's such a doll!

Glad you got to hear the real story!!!

Big Pissy said...

you always have the best stories....

how cute!!! :)

abfh said...

Sounds like Hot Cutie doesn't need any more instruction in social relationships, LOL!

Samantha said...

That's hilarious! But so sweet!